A Hearing Workplace Assessment is for employers who want to support their hearing impaired staff and improve their quality of life and well-being as well as improve communication with those who work alongside them.
Optimise communication with a Hearing Workplace Assessment
A workplace assessment can improve communication by reducing conversation and hearing difficulties experienced in different situations. This could be:
- Communicating with colleagues
- Hearing on the telephone
- Providing support during meetings
- Communicating with clients, customers, service users
A workplace assessment provides advice on:
- The best ‘seat’ in the office environment
- What are the optimal assistive devices and other equipment (reasonable adjustments) required
- Stress management
- Good communication strategies for both hearing impaired and their colleagues
Deaf Awareness Training is also available for the colleagues of the hearing impaired/deaf staff, and for those who interact with the general public on a daily basis either in person or on the telephone.
A Hearing Workplace Assessment is suitable for both employees who already use hearing aids and those who do not. For more information or to schedule a Workplace Assessment, please contact Nikki on 07716 140992