What is Hearing Therapy?
If you have trouble hearing conversation, or have hearing aids but don’t use them, Hearing Therapy may be for you. Nikki Stephens is a Hearing Therapist based in the Tivoli area of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire who provides advice and support to anyone over 16 who experiences difficulty with communicating due to a hearing problem.
How can hearing therapy help?
Did you know:
- 1 in 6 of the adult population in the UK has some form of hearing loss
- about one third are of working age (16 – 64) and two thirds are of retirement age (over 65
- more than 70% of over 70 year olds and 40% of over 50 year olds have some form of hearing loss
- on average it takes 10 years for people to address their hearing loss
- about 2 million people in the UK have hearing aids, but only 1.4 million use them regularly (Aids In Drawers)
Many hard of hearing people function very well day to day, but sometimes find themselves in circumstances that make hearing conversation difficult and it is then that their quality of life can be compromised.